Monday, February 13, 2012

A welcome return to winter

iNOTE: I like to keep organized, so I'm reposting my old blogs in one spot. This one originally ran on March 27, 2009. 


We’ve only had one day of great warm weather this year. It was refreshing – and a sign that spring really is almost here!
All the kids on our block reunited with their scooters and bikes and began going up and down the block, corner to corner, yelling gleefully with each other.

But this week we are looking at a snow forecast. As much as I’m not ready to revert back to snow, wind or temperatures below 50, I am slightly relieved that it is going to stay cold for a few more days.

Why? Well, to be completely honest, I have some work I’ve been postponing.

The first warm day of the year is the day we learn what foods the kids have dropped on the car floor over the last few months. Foods that were once fresh, then frozen are now thawed, rotten and smelly. Yep, the first warm weather day brought about not only a rise in spirits, but also a smell in my car that I could not identify.

I do try to keep an eye on the food coming and going in the car, but sometimes I’m sad to admit it’s just not possible. I’m even sadder to say I haven’t made the time to clean out the car, although I’ve taken the winter blankets inside and washing the blanket underneath the carseat. I’ve been slowly getting rid of the garbage that had accumulated on the car interior and bought some upholstery cleaner.

So, the cold weather has bought me some time to investigate while the smell doesn’t get any worse. I’m ready to fit in the annual cleaning of the car (AKA finding the food). I am determined, this weekend, to find the source of the offensive smell in the car — before it warms up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment