Friday, February 3, 2012

one year ago

NOTE: I like to be organized, so I'm reposting my old blogs to have them all in one place. This originally ran on Sept 17,2008.



My daughter Anika turned one this week. I go back and forth feeling like she just came home from the hospital yesterday, or that we've had her forever.

I've been nostalgic and sentimental; it's really been a great year. Not an easy year, but a great one.  Every single day she surprises me with her discoveries, inspires me with her enthusiasm and warms my heart with her joyfulness.

All week I've found my self saying things like ... "One year ago today, I told work I'd be right back after my doctor's appointment."

Well, that was the day my doctor's assistant chased after me when I left the office, saying the doctor needed to see me right away.  I was having some complications and they decided it was time to induce. I was hoping to grab a sandwich on the way back to the office. Actually, I figured since we were inducing I could go back to the office, go home pack a bag and Nate and I could get ready to have a baby in the morning. But they said I had to go right to Labor & Delivery, do not eat a thing, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

And that was how it all started.

No comments:

Post a Comment