Monday, February 13, 2012

Don't challenge a 5-year-old's intellect

I was playing a letter game with Kyle, my nephew. We started with the letter A and went back and forth naming things that start with that letter. When someone was stumped, we went to the next letter. You get the idea.

After Zebra, Zinc, Zipper, Zoo, Zit .... Kyle was stumped. He paused, then said "Zicky!"


Zicky? Yes, zicky. I asked him to repeat it. Zicky. I asked what zicky was. He replied: "a word."

I asked him to use it in a sentence. He said, "Sometimes I use the word zicky."

He answered all my questions, so I had to accept it. Skeptically, I did and the game went on as we made up more words.

On the off chance it really was an obscure word, I referred to my Webster's dictionary. I thought it would be a great punch line to this blog to end with the definition of zicky.

But it wasn't there, so I have to end with this:

Zicky (zick-ee) n.: A word Kyle sometimes uses.

NOTE: I like to keep organized, so I'm reposting my blogs in one spot. This one originally ran on June 17, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment